#RPGaDay 2016 - Day 27: Most Unusual Circumstance Or Situation In Which I Have Gamed


Day 1: Real Dice, Dice Apps, Diceless, How Do You Prefer To 'Roll'?
Day 2: Best Game Sessions Since August 2015
Day 3: Character Moment You Are Proudest Of
Day 4: Most Impressive Thing Another's Character Did
Day 5: What Story Does Your Group Tell About Your Character? 
Day 6: Most Amazing Thing My Gaming Group Has Done For The Community
Day 7: What Aspect Of RPGs Has Had The Biggest Effect On You? 
Days 8-26: The Catch-Up Game

#RPGaDay just cannot be denied! On day 27 I am asked what the most unusual circumstance or situation in which I have gamed has been. For many other days this month, I have had to sit and ponder, but for this one, it was an instant jolt to the memory.

It was the very end of summer. Autumn's crispness, the kind that is most prevalent here in New England, was just beginning to creep in. My gaming group at the time consisted of several guys from work and a few others that were friends of other members of the group.

We had just finished a game and Wayne, the next GM up to bat suggested the Marvel Superhero RPG from TSR. I had cut my teeth in role-playing on the likes of Palladium's Heroes Unlimited, so I was eager to play a new Super Hero game.

"Imma FASERIP ya!"

Wayne said that this inaugural session wouldn't be held at the typical location, but rather at another player's home. One waaaaaaaay out in the boonies, which in Maine is saying something (we have an uncomfortable amount of boonies). After 30 minutes of looking at new and interesting trees, we came upon the house in question. We were greeted by the player and welcomed with a "Let's get to work."

Now, foolish me, I had thought he meant getting down to gaming business. I was clearly mistaken.

We were ushered upstairs to an unfinished attic. Several sheets of sheetrock lay in the corner. Wayne grabbed a piece, a hammer, and a few nails, and launched right into the game. As we hammered nails and cut sheetrock, Wayne painted the picture of a group of people who woke up in a strange room with little to no memory of who they were. We then found ourselves the newest stars in Mojoverse. All rolls were made on a tiny stool in the center of the room.

By the end of the night, the room was freshly sheetrocked and we had managed to escape back to Earth, only to find ourselves fugitives from S.H.I.E.L.D. It was a strange, yet productive night to be sure.

Roll well, my friends
+Ed The Bard 

I also want to extend my thanks to the folks over at the RPGBrigade for getting the ball rolling on #RPGaDay. Go check them out on their facebook page, and don't forget to register for BrigadeCon, a fully online role-playing convention that works alongside the Child's Play Charity



Would you like to support the bard in another way, and still get some pretty cool stuff out of it? Kick in the door to the Open Gaming Store. They have a mountain of affordable aids to help you be all the player or Game Master you can be. Just tell them Ed The Bard sent you.

Looking for an article? Just want to browse the archives? Wander over to my Master List, a directory of every article I've ever written, right here.


Like what you've read? Follow me on...
Facebook
YouTube  (NEW)
Twitter
Tumblr
Google+

And coming soon to...
Twitch

Popular Posts